Injection Sclerotherapy for Hemorrhoid
According to the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), about half of Americans aged 50 years and above experience signs of hemorrhoids or piles. The disorder is characterized by soreness, itching, and bleeding in the anus or lower rectum. It can be caused by painful veins which swell. It is grouped into two kinds. It is an internal hemorrhoid if the inflamed veins are inside the rectum. It is external if it is under the skin that surrounds the anus. One who has this condition can take over the counter treatment, undergo a surgical procedure or try a non-surgical approach such as injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid.
- Sclerotherapy is only one of the non-surgical treatments for hemorrhoid.
- In fact, it is one of the oldest strategies used for managing treatment plans.
- Other non-surgical treatment options include rubber band ligation, cryotherapy as well as heat coagulation.
- With this approach, the actual medical practitioner would inject phenol or perhaps quinine urea in liquid form.
- They are the people referred to as the sclerosants.
- Their main goal is to get rid of the long-period but mild inflammation.
- The patients are usually requested in order to defecate just before injecting the particular sclerosants.
- Defecating right after the treatment is actually strongly discouraged because it may reduce treatment's effectiveness.
- The area to be treated is usually lubricated and pain killer may be given.
Difference Between Hemorrhoids and Colon Cancer
In other cases, blood in the stool could be an indication of something more serious. Let's take a look at both hemorrhoids and colon cancer so you can be ...
The Sclerosants Must be Injected to the Hemorrhoids' Base
It is not completely pain-free but the pain is experienced much shorter than the one experienced after a surgical procedure. This hemorrhoid management technique usually requires only a day for the pain to go away. It is really an outpatient procedure but most doctors recommend that you have someone come with you and also drive you home.
- One of the benefits of this injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid is the results are quick even if it is less expensive than other treatments.
- The soreness would diminish fast.
- One can see results at least a week after the fluids are injected.
- The hemorrhoids will come out of the body through the organic bowel movement, which must be pain and blood-free.
Another Good Thing about this Therapy is that It is Non-Invasive
This is why it is one of the most recommended to older people suffering from the said disorder. Unlike surgical procedures, treating liquids to the veins does not require significantly strength as well as excellent health.
Of Course, Any Kind of Treatment Has Its Disadvantage
In the case of sclerotherapy, one may develop scars in the affected area when the inflammation is handled. Moreover, the medical practitioners limit the treatment to only three hemorrhoids per sessions. It cannot be used for very large inflamed veins or third degree piles, too. In addition to that the injected phenol is less effective on large piles, there is also a chance for blood clots. Another downside is that the benefits of this treatment are not permanent. The situation may come back after a year or so.
- Additionally, the injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids may be great for the elderly suffering from piles but it is not for everyone.
- It cannot be employed to those who have additional inflammatory bowel conditions such as the ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
To learn about other treatments for hemorrhoids please visit http://how-to-cure-hemorrhoids-fast.blogspot.com and http://how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-at-home.blogspot.com.
For French check out http://traiter-les-hemorroides-naturellement.blogspot.com and http://hemorroide-faits-traitements.blogspot.com.
For Spanish visit http://tratamiento-de-las-hemorroides.blogspot.com With regard to Italian check out http://come-curare-emorroidi-modo-naturale.blogspot.com.
For German Go to Http://Hamorrhoiden-Behandlung-Hausmittel.Blogspot.Com
For Portuguese visit http://como-curar-hemorroida-naturalmente.blogspot.com.
Kory S. Ford
Kory is a writer at utitreatment.info, a web site about alternative health issues. Last year, Kory worked as a post curator for a well-known high tech web site. When he's not researching content, Kory enjoys working out and roller skating.