Schedule a Consultation There are numerous treatments that are available, which can effectively remove symptomatic hemorrhoids. While topical products may reduce the discomfort connected with this condition, they will not really remove the problem. If you are suffering from chronic hemorrhoids, you may need to undergo a hemorrhoid removal procedure.
- These procedures are usually done right at a doctor's office or at a special clinic that handles hemorrhoid removing.
- While most can be done on an outpatient basis, more serious surgeries may involve being admitted into a hospital.
- Let's look at the range of methods that can be used for hemorrhoid removal.
- Banding - This is a very common procedure that has been used for many years.
- A small band is placed around the hemorrhoid very tightly.
- This cuts off the blood supply to the hemorrhoid and it will begin to shrivel.
- After a few days, it will fall off and also the patient can get on with the healing process.
- The procedure is virtually painless, and it will always be quite effective.
Infrared Coagulation (IRC)
This technique uses infrared light, which is used in order to coagulate the small vessels found in a hemorrhoid, and so could be very useful in smaller as well as less severe cases. This is generally done in an office or perhaps an outpatient clinic, and is accompanied by minimum discomfort.
Internal Hemorrhoids Hemorrhoid Symptoms Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids (piles)
Hemorrhoids, also known as piles, affect as many as 75 percent of people in the United States at some point in their lives. They most frequently strike when ...
Lets look at Hemorrhoids Where to goLets look at Hemorrhoids Where to go. Calmovil Hemorrhoid Relief Set contains calming topical cream, homeopathic drops, and herbal supplement, formulated to help target the source of piles. Calmovil includes the pharma-grade quality botanical active ingredients that have been scientifically developed to deliver optimal results. Calmovil's active ingredients have been used safely for many years to support good blood flow, helping in reducing inflammation and support healthy hemorrhoidal veins. Now they are all integrated into this special Hemorrhoid formula. Improving blood circulation, minimizing swelling and supporting healthy veins has been shown to eliminate the symptoms related to hemorrhoids.
Read More about This Product »
The unusual circumstance when less invasive steps are inadequate to control a patient's symptoms, a surgical procedure may be needed. These are more included procedures, and tend to be together with more pain and disability, so they should be reserved for only the most serious cases. Make sure that you go over the risks and benefits of these procedures with your physician prior to consenting to one of these surgical procedures.
Harmonic Scalpel Treatments
This kind of hemorrhoid removal utilizes a special scalpel that operates with ultrasound surf. The scalpel is used to remove the hemorrhoid and the blood vessels are automatically cauterized. This is considered to be an almost bloodless procedure and is normally recommended for large hemorrhoids or for people who are very painful.
This is very similar to harmonic scalpel treatments, but in this case, an actual laser beam are going to be targeted on the hemorrhoid. This kind of hemorrhoid removal is growing in popularity, and is fairly effective. The laser automatically cauterizes the area, and also the nerves is going to be sealed off as well. This method may be accompanied by a bit less pain than the typical surgical hemorrhoidectomy.
Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy (PPH)
This technique utilizes a special stapling device that cuts through the involved vessels, and staples the tissue back together again. This also is associated with a bit less pain compared to a conventional hemorrhoidectomy, and is becoming more popular with many surgeons.
- Excising - An actual surgical removal of your hemorrhoid may be necessary..
- The hemorrhoid is cut away and the blood vessels are tied off.
- This procedure will be a bit more painful than other types of hemorrhoid removal and the recovery time may be longer.
- However, it is very effective.
For those that need to seek hemorrhoid removal, it may be recommended to get a colon cancer screening (colonoscopy) as well. These types of studies can help a doctor determine if there is a fundamental cause for frequent hemorrhoid flare ups.
Kory S. Ford
Kory is a writer at utitreatment.info, a web site about alternative health issues. Last year, Kory worked as a post curator for a well-known high tech web site. When he's not researching content, Kory enjoys working out and roller skating.